Glycosylation is one of the most universal and structurally diverse post-translational modification (PTM) with more than half of all mammalian proteins known to be glycosylated. The significance of correct glycosylation in various biological events such as protein secretion, stability and immunogenicity and the direct correlation of aberrant glycosylation with diseases like cancer and congenital disorders of glycosylation are well documented. Identification and characterisation of glycans together with their particular protein carriers is crucial for deciphering glycan functionality in normal and diseased conditions. APAF has a documented record of glycan analysis with leading biotechnology firms.
- Release of N-Linked glycans (using PNGase F) and O-Linked glycans (using beta-elimination) from purified proteins for comparative profiling using carbon LC/MS/MS
- Glycan structural analysis using Exoglycosidase and MS/MS fragmentation
- N-Linked glycopeptide analysis of lgG antibodies using reversed phase LC/MS/MS
- Monosaccharide analysis of purified eukaryotic glycoproteins using HPAEC-PAD
Our expertise includes:
- World class expertise in glycobiology
- Leading edge mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Established methods for glycan characterisation
- Development of QC methods for recombinant protein/antibody batch control
If you require high quality glycan analysis - let APAF do the job!
Released N-Linked glycans (using PNGaseF) from IgG